As a mum, it’s likely that you always have something you need to buy. From groceries to new football boots to the latest Disney merchandise – your shopping list will never seem to end – and that’s before you consider everything you want to buy for yourself too! Therefore, you may be on the lookout to find some ways in which you can make extra money. Well, look no further!
Here are some tips and tricks you can use to supplement your income, meaning that you can finally afford that pair of shoes that have been sitting in your shopping basket for months.
- Consider launching a home business. In order to do this, you should focus on turning something you love into a company that operates from your dining room – this means that you can spend time with your kids while still earning a bit of money.
- Find different ways in which you can monetise your side hustle. For example, you could find a way to make your lifestyle blog profitable or begin selling your art online. If you are good at something, there is little sense in doing it for free.
- If you have a spare room in your home or a second property, consider renting out the space or turning it into an Airbnb. While this can be a great way to earn some extra cash, you also need to ensure you follow all regulations regarding renting out properties. For example, you need to make sure the space follows all health and safety guidelines and will need to get in touch with a supplier of EIRCs, who can conduct electronic safety reports to ensure your property is up to scratch.
- Attend paid focus groups. This is a great way to ensure that your voice is heard, and you can often earn a little money without putting a lot of effort in. You may even get to try out some free products beforehand.
- Online surveys are a great way to earn some more income, and again do not require a lot of work from you. Though they won’t cause your bank account to soar, they will provide you with supplementary income, which will make a huge difference over time.
- Children grow incredibly quickly. A pair of shoes that fits them perfectly one day will seem impossibly small the next. This means that it can feel as though you are always buying them new clothes and having to get rid of them the week after. However, you can take away some of the pressure associated with these purchases by reselling your items after use. For example, you can make a fair amount of cash reselling clothes on sites such as Depop.
- Online tutoring is another great way to earn money, and you can often focus on teaching a subject that you love. For example, if you worked in accountancy before becoming a full-time mum, you can help future accounting students by providing online mathematics and data analytics lessons. Focus on a subject that you love – as this will make the experience more fun for all involved.